This is a guest post from Lifestyle Chiropractic patient Joshua Altman.
Two weeks ago I completed my personal 30 day challenge of not eating any sugar, gluten, or dairy. It’s the only time in 30 years I’ve ever cut any foods from my diet. All in all, it was one of those “life changing” experiences.
- I am now confident at cooking several different meals
- I’m spending less money on food but eating significantly healthier
- I’ve learned what I’m actually putting in my body and how to read labels
- Cutting out sugar made me “feel” 100% all the time once the cravings were gone as long as I had a minimum of six hours of sleep a night
- I lost 6 pounds
- I don’t poop as often and the poop that I do poop is a much healthier poop
- Doing a challenge like this was easier with support.
The reason for this challenge was to see how the foods I eat really affect my body. I have a better understanding now of why it is important to eat good foods and I highly recommend trying a “cleanse” or “diet” at some point in your life!