Doing anything for the first time can be a little scary, especially if you don’t know what to expect. Visiting a Chiropractor is no different. Many people are scared to make that first appointment simply because they don’t know what will happen and they don’t want to get themselves in over their heads.
To address your questions and concerns about seeing a Chiropractor for the first time here’s some information on what you can expect.
1. Scheduling your appointment. Most Chiropractors are available during the week and keep slots open on their calendar to see new patients, so you should be able to get in right away. Most Chiropractors take appointments over the phone, and some offer a convenient online booking option.
At Lifestyle Chiropractic we are open Monday through Saturday and we offer quick and easy online booking for new patients.
2. Checking in. When you arrive at your appointment you can expect to complete some basic paperwork similar to what you would see at a dentist office. You’ll be asked about your personal information, medical history, reason for your visit, and insurance policy.
3. Seeing the doctor and completing your evaluation. You can expect the doctor to sit down with you and discuss the reason for your visit before performing a thorough evaluation that should include a complete spinal analysis, orthopedic examination, range of motion assessment, weight balance analysis, and functional movement screening, and any necessary x-rays. This will allow your doctor to get a full picture of your current condition.
At Lifestyle Chiropractic our initial evaluation includes all of the items listed above and we have onsite x-rays for your convenience.
4. Scheduling your follow up visit. After your initial evaluation is complete your doctor will schedule a follow up appointment for you (typically 1-3 days later). This will allow your doctor some time to review the findings from your evaluation and prepare a personalized treatment plan to address any issues.
5. Cost and Payment. Many Chiropractors advertise “Free Initial Consultations” which may lead you to believe that there will be no cost. Unfortunately, the “free” part of the first visit is typically just a 5-10 minute conversation with the doctor and does not include any of your evaluation. You can expect the cost of your entire first visit including your initial evaluation and any necessary x-rays to total somewhere between $100 to $300. However, most major medical insurance covers Chiropractic care including initial evaluations and x-rays and this can reduce the cost of your first visit to $0.00 or a small co-pay like $20.00 or $30.00 depending upon your insurance policy.
At Lifestyle Chiropractic our initial evaluation starts at $125.00, but is often covered by medical insurance as mentioned above.
6. Insurance. As mentioned above most major medical insurance covers most of the cost of Chiropractic care including your first visit (evaluation and x-rays). When you check in at your first visit your Chiropractor will ask you for your insurance information and should perform a complimentary verification of your benefits to let you know what your coverage will be and identify any co-pays you will be required to cover.
At Lifestyle Chiropractic we accept most major medical insurance (including corporate plans) and we provide free insurance benefit verification for all new patients.
7. Total time spent. You can expect your first visit to last around 45 minutes to 1 hour including paperwork, evaluation, x-rays, and checkout.
Ready to schedule your first visit? Click the button below to schedule your new patient evaluation and find out how Chiropractic care can help you reach your health and wellness goals.Book Online Now
NEW! Relax with unlimited FREE massages* only at Lifestyle Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Receive your first free 1-hour massage when you sign up as a new patient, and receive an additional free 1-hour massage every time you refer a new patient to us with no limits. Refer 10 new patients? Get 10 free massages. It’s that simple!
Our top rated clinic is conveniently located in the heart of Green Lake just a short drive from downtown Seattle, and you can read real unedited Yelp! reviews from our amazing patients!
More health and wellness resources:
- Learn out we helped a former Xgames bordercross competitor
- Read our blog post, “Why Everyone Should See a Chiropractor”
- Check out real unedited Yelp! reviews from our amazing patients.
*New patients must complete an initial evaluation to be eligible for a free massage.